MAKING THE MOST OF THE HITCHED IN GJ BRIDAL SHOW
- Save Your Date! Almost every single vendor at the show will ask you what your wedding date is! You will want to have at least a tentative date or two planned ahead of time if you intend to have deeper talks with vendors as they might be booked on the date you end up choosing! If you’re just there to peruse the amazing wedding vendors we have here in Grand Junction this won’t matter as much, but having a date set before definitely helps!
- Taste away! Come prepared to eat – there will be cakes, drinks, catering, and more! Try everything you can. You want to make sure your wedding goodies taste great! And for that matter, test out the photo booths too!
- Buddy system. Hitched in GJ has an awesome Man Cave for your partner, making it easy to convince him to come along to help make decisions! Even if you choose to leave your fiance home for the day, bring mom or your maid of honor. Having someone to help you go through booths, fill out raffle slips, ask questions you hadn’t thought of… an extra person by your side will help so much.
- Save big! Ask about bridal show promotions – many vendors (like me!) offer deep discounts if you book on the spot, and many even extend a smaller discount for the week(s) after the show. It helps to bring decision makers if you intend to cash in on these huge day-of savings!
- Labels. Lots of brides-to-be will bring sheets of labels with their name, email, phone number and wedding date pre-printed on them. This helps save time at all the giveaways and raffles vendors offer! (It also helps us more easily read and spell your info right so we can connect later on if you win!)
- Schedule. Even if you don’t book your vendors on the spot, make notes of the ones you loved as you go (bring a notebook and pen!) and make an extra stop with each of your faves before you leave to set up a consultation. Many vendors charge little to nothing for a consultation, and this will give you extra insight to their business and whether they are a good fit for you and your day!
- Make a List. Whether you just got engaged last week or you’ve been planning since last summer, make a list of needs/wants before you go in. Take notes along the way of who you liked, who stood out, and what made you drawn to them.
- Grab the freebies. Mimosas, koozies, beer, makeup, essential oils, water bottles, samples, pens and more will be given away at the show. Indulge a little! Have fun with your fiance or your mom or bride tribe. And keep all the brochures and pamphlets until you’re sure you don’t need their services anymore!
While you’re planning your wedding, don’t miss these blog posts to help on your journey as well:
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU GET ENGAGED
WHEN TO SEND WHAT | INVITATION TIMELINES
CHOOSING A WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER